Becoming a PSCI member means contributing to a community committed to driving responsible value chain practices. Our members uphold the PSCI Principles and abide by the membership expectations.
Membership is open to companies in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry that share our vision of excellence in safety, environmental, and social outcomes across the global pharmaceutical and healthcare value chain.
To be eligible for membership, your company must fit at least one of the following requirements:
- Substantial revenues* from patented / proprietary medicines or medical devices
- Substantial revenues* from medical products sold direct to consumer under the company’s brand
- Manufacture generic (off patent) medicines and medical products where these are substantially* sold direct to customers under the company’s own marketing licenses
- Provide ingredients or components where these are substantially* patented or trade-marked by the supplying companies
*more than 50% of the company’s sales
For companies that are not quite ready for Full membership, an Associate membership category is available which allows companies to develop their practices towards Full membership.
- Full membership is for companies that are ready to fully participate in PSCI. Full membership is a great way to demonstrate leadership.
- Associate membership allows companies to learn as a part of PSCI whilst you build your sustainability and audit programs. Associate members must progress to full membership within a maximum of 3 years.
For supplying companies, we also offer the Supplier Partnership category. Membership and Supplier Partnership are restricted to only those companies that fit the respective requirements.
- Sector collaboration: Come together as one voice to move the industry, joining a collaborative network of professionals working to drive responsible supply chain practices.
- Learn from the leaders: Develop your knowledge, learning from the experts that are advanced in responsible practices in sector.
- Improve efficiency: Access and contribute to the shared audit program, reducing audit duplication.
- Support improvement: Use PSCI supplier resources to train your suppliers in accordance with the PSCI Principles for Responsible Supply Chain Management.
- Enhance your reputation: Be a recognized advocate of a responsible pharmaceutical and healthcare value chain.
Responsibilities and requirements
Full members are required to take a more active, leading role in PSCI activities. Associate members are encouraged to learn and participate so that they are ready and able to move into Full membership within three years.
The requirements for members are:
- Pay annual membership fees according to membership type and annual revenue.
- Adhere to the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Principles and Membership Agreements and comply with the Anti-Trust Policy.
- Display the PSCI Principles on your website or in key public and supplier-facing documents.
- Have at least one company representative attend the Annual General Meeting, and vote in elections to the Board of Directors, and governance document amendments as needed.
- Actively contribute to at least one of the PSCI Committees; Audit, Capability and Projects.
Once members have established their audit program and moved to Full membership, they have the additional requirement to:
- Upload a minimum of five supplier audits via our Shared Audit Program.
Members are invited and encouraged to run for a seat on our Board.
Membership fees are tiered based on the size of the member company, and size is determined by annual company revenue. For more information, please download the PSCI fee structure.