This is the slide deck for the PSCI sponsored webinar on how to manage APIs in manufacturing effluent which took place on 27th January 2016. The webinar provided step-by-step guidance on this ‘spotlight’ issue for our industry and covered the following topics:
- Why is managing active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) in manufacturing effluent important?
- What is the industry doing to improve public perceptions?
- Understanding where you stand at the moment through the maturity ladder concept.
- Establishing and calculating API discharge concentration called the Predicted-No-Effect-Concentration (PNEC).
- Simple steps to reducing API process losses to waste water and what to do when the PNEC is exceeded.
- How to advance your program to the next level.
- Pharmaceuticals In The Environment